Purple tea is only grown in one place in the world and that’s Kenya!
Purple tea is grown over 6,000 feet above sea level. With such an elevation comes a high level of antioxidants. Antioxidants help fight cancer. Purple tea is believed to help lower blood pressure, help fight against viruses with its anti-inflammatory properties, and help prevent diabetes. This tea has many more health benefits with a great history and future. Please read my BLOG to learn much more about this amazing tea!
Aroma – Pleasant subtle sweetness
Flavor – Full body, woodsy, without astringency
Overall – Strong savory cup
Breakfast – Mexican quiche
Brunch – sweet chocolate
Dinner – Blackened grilled tofu or jerk chicken with mashed potatoes
Wine – Full-bodied Cabernet Sauvignon or alternating with a Merlot
The Impact of Your Purchase
Ultimately you are supporting the farmers that have patiently waited over 25 years to finally produce Purple tea in Kenya. Your support helps keep the hope alive for them to continue to export a unique tea.
Remember every purchase plants one tree in efforts to help with reforestation for a greener future!
20-25 servings based on strength preferences
- 5 grams
- 6 ounces of water at 175 degrees Fahrenheit
- Steep for 10 seconds
- Resteep several times adding 10 seconds each steep
- 1 teaspoon
- 6-8 ounces of water at 208 degrees Fahrenheit
- 3 to 4 minutes steep (longer for a deeper flavor, but no longer than 5 minutes)
- Resteep up to 2-3 times each time adding 10 seconds
Iced or cold Preparation
- 4 grams of tea per
- 12 ounces of room temperature water
- Place in a jar in your fridge overnight or at least 8-12 hours
- Add ice and enjoy
Organic Kenyan purple tea (Camellia Sinensis).
Loose leaf tea
* – If nursing or pregnant please contact a doctor before use.*
100 in stock